5/13/08

Block Ads in Safari

I have a passionate hatred for web advertising. In my mind, web pages are electronic magazines and the last thing I want are moving images, sounds or interstitial pages when I read. Remember when paperback books had ads for cigarettes in the middle of the book? That's when I started to hate advertising.

I go to extremes to limit the amount of advertising I see throughout my day here are two tips for Safari:

Use opendns.com. It will replace your ISP's DNS Servers (yeah yeah tautology...deal with it) with theirs which lets you block certain types of pages, or specific pages or wildcarded urls so you can effectively block some pop up and under sites, and various kinds of tracking sites. I love it.

Second, if you use Safari grab and install Safari Adblock. It's simple, free and customizable.


ps...and get a Tivo so you can skip though tv ads...please.

No comments: