Someone forwarded this comment to me a little while go from someone named "
bookmanjb"
"Here in Germany, where I moved 5 years ago from the US, they have this crazy thing they call "affordable health care." I know, I know. It's really a socialistic plot to steal liberty.
But anyway, they have this other thing here. They call it, "universal health insurance." It's TOTALLY unconstitutional. Here's how bad it is: I get 90% of my medical bills paid for up to 4000 euros--INCLUDING DENTAL. NO DEDUCTIBLE. After 4000, it's 100% paid. Plus I get a pair of glasses every year for which I pay 10% of the price. I go to any doctor I want to whenever I want to.
What a tyrannical, oppressive system! And they have this trick: if I make no claims in a calendar year, 25% of my premiums are kicked back to me. That's right, these insidious euro-commies incentivize wellness.
For all of this, I pay about 500 euros a month and another 130 euros for my kid. And get this: it's PRIVATE insurance. That's right. Here they have a PRIVATE OPTION.
My wife is on public insurance. She pays 140 euros a month, plus 10 euros per quarter per doctor. Her bills are 100% paid. What an awful, horrible system. I really wish I was back in the US so that I could have my liberty back."
1 comment:
I have never understood Americans on this one. I've benefitted from the good old NHS (or as some would view it 'death panels of socialism which would kill stephen hawking even though he uses the NHS and he's not dead...) and I bloody love it. I don't have to choose between say food and medication, or treatment and debt.
Post a Comment